Skip to main content

Featured

Accessible Fitness

In a world that celebrates movement and wellness, accessibility remains a cornerstone for ensuring that everyone can participate in and benefit from fitness activities. Regardless of physical ability or limitation, everyone deserves the opportunity to engage in exercises that promote health, strength, and overall well-being. The concept of accessible fitness transcends mere convenience—it embodies inclusivity, empowerment, and a fundamental right to holistic health practices. One of the primary challenges in fitness accessibility is the physical environment. Traditional fitness centers often present barriers to individuals with disabilities. However, an increasing number of facilities are recognizing the need for inclusive design, featuring accessible entrances, modified equipment, and dedicated spaces for various exercises. For instance, adjustable workout benches, ramps, and wide pathways enable individuals with mobility impairments to navigate and engage more freely. Moreover, t

Running columnist Mike Kleiss: Why thrombosis can also affect athletes

Four years ago our columnist Mike Kleiss was affected himself: Thrombosis in the hollow of the knee. So even the most well-trained runner can get caught. He hadn't expected that. techcrunchpro

 

December is the anniversary of the death of my dear ex-colleague Stefanie Tücking. Many knew her from the music clip show “Formula 1”, and later she worked as a presenter for the radio station SWR3.

When the news of Steffi's death reached me in December 2018, I was paralyzed. I just couldn't imagine that "the trick", as friends called it, was no longer alive. thepinkcharm

As a teenager I was her fan. I confessed that to her many years ago over a glass of wine in her garden.



The cause of her death scared me

As a colleague at SWR3, I simply had enormous respect for her incredible professionalism. And as a person ... she is still missing today. Because: Stefanie Tücking was one of the finest and best people I have ever met. A hard shell on the outside, an incredibly big heart on the inside for all those who liked her. Her death alone hit me in the marrow. But above all, the cause of her death scared me very much. Stefanie died of a pulmonary embolism that night. This is usually the result of a deep vein thrombosis that often loosens in the leg and shoots into the lungs. themarketinginfo

Me and thrombosis? Never!

A year before Steffi's death, after my knee operation, I was diagnosed with thrombosis in the right hollow of the knee. This was only recognized by a happy coincidence. The follow-up, a final MRI, made the vein obstruction visible. At the time, I had a hard time coming to terms with this diagnosis. worldmarketingtips

As a daily runner, I couldn't imagine that - with so much exercise - something like this could affect me. The great danger with these thromboses is the pulmonary embolism resulting from it, which is often fatal. technologybeam

Popular Posts